19.1.18

A poem

WARNING by Jenny Joseph

Watch the video and fill in the gaps. You'll need between one and three words in each gap. Click on the author's name to see the answers. 



  When I am an old woman I shall ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­____________________ (1)
  With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me ____________________ (2).
  And I shall spend ____________________ (3) on brandy and summer gloves
  And satin ____________________ (4), and say we've no money for butter.
  I shall sit down on ____________________ (5) when I'm tired
  And gobble up samples in shops and press ____________________ (6)
  And run ___________________ (7) along the public railings
  And make up for the sobriety of ____________________ (7).
  I shall go out in ____________________ (8) in the rain
  And pick flowers in other ____________________ (9)
  And learn to spit.

  You can wear ____________________ (10) and grow more fat
  And eat three pounds of ____________________ (11) at a go
  Or only bread and pickle ____________________ (12)
  And hoard pens and pencils and beermats and ____________________ (13).

  But now we must have ____________________ (14) that keep us dry
  And pay ____________________ (15) and not swear in the street
  And set a good example for the children.
  We must have friends to dinner and ____________________ (16).

  But maybe I ought to practice a little now?
  So people who know me are not too ____________________ (17)
  When suddenly I am old, and start to ____________________ (18). 

No comments:

Post a Comment