28.10.16

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

Resultado de imagen de HALLOWEEN

Watch the video and read the article about Halloween to check what the true facts are.

Live from London Halloween. Click here to watch the video and do the activities in the photocopy. Click here to read the script and check your answers.

Fillers
a.     Watch the video again and tick the person who uses each expression in their answer.


Philip
Amelia
Hannah
Shazra
Lynne
The usual





Things like that





Those sorts of things





Sort of





I s’pose





Kind of





Or something





And stuff





You know







a.     Watch the video and write the correct filler in each gap.

1)     I associate America and I associate sweets and costumes and ______________

2)     Yeah I __________ celebrate Halloween it’s just a chance to have fun with my friends and dress up so yeah ___________.


3)     I’ve been to a couple of parties _____________ but it’s not really ________ something I celebrate on an annual basis.

Everyday expressions
Match the expressions 1 – 5 with the definitions a – e. Check your answers in "comments".

1. (it’s not) a big deal
2. (I was there for) a long weekend
3. chick flicks
4. on an annual basis
5. trick or treat

a. a custom in which children visit houses on Halloween as a way of asking for sweets
b. a weekend when you have one or two extra days free in addition to Saturday and Sunday
c. once a year every year
d. something very important
e. a film intended especially for women, often about a romantic relationship

1 comment: