3.11.17

Covering email for job application

Writing a covering email to accompany your CV
If your CV is attached to the email, then use the main body of the email as your covering letter. Tell the employer how you meet their key requirements so that you can immediately make a good impression and entice them to open the attachment and look at your CV in more detail.
  • In the subject line of the email, list the vacancy title, reference number and where you saw or heard about the vacancy
  • Use the body of the email to convince the recruiter (qualifications, experience, skills) that you are the right person for the job
  • Send the CV as an attachment clearly labelled with your name
  • Spell-check before sending the email
Here's an example:

Web Content Manager Cover E-mail

Subject Line of Email Message: Web Content Manager - Your Name
Email Message:

Dear contact person,

I am writing to express my interest in the Web Content Manager position listed on Monster.com on 23th October.

As you will see from my CV, I hold a degree in journalism and I am currently finishing a course in web related marketing and development at Oxford University. I have fairly good knowledge of HTML, Photoshop, Dreamweaver and MS-FrontPage.

At the moment I am working as a self-employed content developer for different companies. I am good at understanding the objectives of the different organizations and their target audience. My responsibilities range from developing unique ideas, editing and proofreading the articles before publishing them to managing social media. Much of my experience is in the business world and I am used to creating web content based on analytical reports, press releases or survey reports always presenting them in a lucid, simple and easy to understand language.

My experience has taught me how to build strong relationships with all departments at an organization. I can also work with web engineers to resolve technical issues and implement design and functional enhancements. I am a hard-working and responsible person with excellent communication skills and I would like the opportunity to develop those skills in more of a team environment. For these reasons I am very interested in working for your company.

I would be pleased to discuss this email and my enclosed CV. Thank you for your consideration.
  
I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

Name and surname

Email: firstlast@gmail.com
Mobile phone: 555-124-1245

No comments:

Post a Comment