21.4.17

Conditional sentences

I. Watch this video and complete the sentences (you will need one or two words in each gap). Check your answers in "comments".




If you could change anything in the world, what would you change?

·         I don’t know ______________________. I like everything about the world right now but...
·         I would change that  there would be no ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­______________________ and I wish there would be no ______________________!
·         Stop focusing on the look of ______________________,
·         ______________________we travel
·         The level of technology. I ______________________ robots to be taking over the world - that kind of situation.
·         I would have ______________________, because we don't have that yet
·         For our skin colour, preference, and everything
·         I would want everybody to treat each other equal.
·         Inequality in terms of people who are ______________________, and have no place to ______________________and other people who have so much ______________________, they don't know what to do with it.
·         And everyone just be able to like, ______________________whenever they want. They won't have to ______________________or they won't have to work for it. It would just like grow out of the ground.
·         Probably change currency because all everybody wants now is ______________________.
·         Change rich people to ______________________
·         Just ______________________. California weather I adore
·         Can it be big? Can I say like income ______________________?
·         Prison system in ______________________?
·         Eliminate the invention of the gun.
·         People’s ego investment in being right
·         Stigmatism of mental ______________________.
·         I don't know what I ______________________
·         so... nothing can be stolen
·         Over using social media as a way to ______________________
·         As ______________________ as we are, we don't listen to each other
·         This incredible inability to ______________________, and listen to someone who doesn't ______________________ with you
·         I would try to get rid of a lot of bad ______________________. I think people believe in too many things and they don't believe in ______________________.
·         Like I wish people noticed other people more
·         More ______________________, people need more patience
·         Change the amount of ______________________ that's in the world
·         People are so ______________________ sometimes; the loud ones
·         I would rather have them be ______________________ like it was, back in the day. It was better back then.
·         It sounds so generic, but ______________________. I just want the wars to stop
·         Be like ______________________
·         I want to change, like to ______________________ and joy
·         ______________________? I don't know?


·         Well, I actually think I know of one thing, if...there was a way, like, to get ______________________ back. I would make that, I don't know how that be and I would change the ______________________. Hey, they can change the world! A lot!

II. Click here to do an activity with a song. 

III. Go to lyricstraining.com and practise your conditional sentences with songs like "Tears in Heaven" by Eric Clapton or "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol.

1 comment:

  1. If you could change anything in the world, what would you change?
    I dont know honestly. I like everything about the world right now but...
    I would change there there would be no school,
    and I wish there would be no homework!
    Stop focusing on the look of perfection
    how fast we travel
    The level of technology
    I wouldn't want robots be taking over the world.
    - that kind of situation,
    I would have equality, because we don't have that yet
    for our skin color, preference, and everything
    I would want everybody to treat each other equal.
    Inequality in terms of people who are hungry, and have no place to live
    and other people who have so much money, they don't know what to do with it.
    and everyone just be able to like, eat whenever they want
    they won't have to pay or they won't have to work for it
    it would just like grow out of the ground
    probably change currency because all everybody wants now is money
    change rich people to poor people
    just good weather
    California weather I adore
    Can it be big? Can I say like income inequality?
    Prison system in America?
    Eliminate the invention of the gun.
    Peoples ego investment in being right
    Stigmatism of mental illness.
    I don't know what I would change
    so... nothing can be stolen
    Over using social media as a way to connect
    As connected as we are, we don't listen to each other
    This incredible inability to communicate, and listen to someone who doesn't agree with you
    I would try to get rid of alot of bad beliefs
    I think people believe in too many things and they don't believe in themselves
    like I wish people notice other people more,
    more patience, people need more patience
    change the amount of fear that's in the world
    people are so closed-minded sometimes
    the loud ones
    I would rather have them be nice like
    it was, back in the day
    It was better back then
    It sounds so generic, but world peace
    I just want the wars to stop
    be like free
    I want to change, like to happiness and joy
    Gas Prices? I don't know?
    Well I actually think I know of one thing
    if...
    there was a way
    to like, get dinosaurs back
    I would make that, I don't know how that be
    and I would change the world
    Hey, they can change the world!.. alot!

    ReplyDelete